- APASL2016 Congress Secretariat, c/o Academia Support Japan (“the Secretariat”), in accordance with its business philosophy of offering sincere and high-quality service as a contractor who provide with secretarial services to academic organizations, planning and operating international/domestic conferences, protects personal data obtained from its customers in the course of business activities appropriately, fully recognizing social responsibility and protecting individual rights by strictly observing the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and regulations.
- In addition to that, to realize the following policies, we declare that we have established a personal information protection management system to deal with its continual improvement on a secretariat-wide basis recognizing at all times trends of state-of-the-art IT technology, changing social requirements, shifts of business environments, and others.
- The Secretariat appropriately obtains personal data showing the scope of the intended use that is clearly communicated to customers, utilizes and offers them strictly within the scope. The Secretariat takes measures necessary to avoid any of usage of personal data for purpose other than the original scope.
- The Secretariat observes the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and regulations provided in Japan.
- The Secretariat takes rational safety measures against the risk of personal data in cases like unauthorized access and disclosure to personal data or the loss, destruction, alternation, etc., and commit reasonable management resources to continual improvement of personal information protection security system. The Secretariat corrects inappropriate issues, and modify the internal rules regarding handling personal data to keep them under the best condition.
- The Secretariat sets up the internal rules for appropriate handling personal data, and deal with complaints and/or problems promptly and sincerely.
- Regarding the personal information protection management system, The Secretariat continue to improve it by reviewing appropriately in a timely manner, recognizing changes of our social environment.
Last updated: November 1st, 2014
Date of enactment: May 1st, 2014
APASL2016 Congress Secretariat c/o Academia Support Japan